Are you finding it hard to delete your IMVU account and want to know how to do it? Using IMVU, you can build an avatar and communicate with 3D characters. The innovative nature of this application makes it very popular. You can quickly delete your account if you’ve already signed up for IMVU but aren’t satisfied with the service.
In the case of IMVU, temporarily deactivating or disabling the account does not work. However, you can delete your account in the “Help” section of the “User Access” account page. But you can also delete your IMVU account by going back to the secure login page after logging in. Note that it’s possible to reactivate your account if needed.
What is IMVU?
Users of IMVU can create 3D avatars, chat with one another, and communicate with one another via the internet.
Members can socialize, attend parties, shop, change the way they look, and so much more. As members of this massive avatar-based social network, they can also earn real money by selling virtual products.
IMVU has more than 7 million active users each month, making it one of the most popular platforms. The application is compatible with every popular platform, including Android, iOS, and web-based platforms.
If you are not into IMVU and find it boring, you can delete it and go elsewhere. It is unnecessary to pay for your account, even if you are not using it. As a consequence, you will always have access to your account.
Nevertheless, you have various options if you want to get rid of your IMVU account. You can do so via the official IMVU website. Alternatively, you can download the IMVU mobile app.
Method for Deleting IMVU Account Using Mac or Windows PC
It is possible to delete IMVU from your PC in several ways. Alternatively, you can go to IMVU’s website or use the “Help” section. The following is a detailed guide on deleting your IMVU account via the “help” section of their website:
- Navigate to the IMVU website using your web browser.
- When visiting the official IMVU website, go to the upper right corner of the page and click on the “User Access” link.
- After clicking the “Login” button, the page will redirect to another page.
- Input your credentials in the pop-up window, and click “Login.”
- Click on the “Help” option present at the top. That’s beside the “Search” box.
- Select “Delete Account.” from the options that appear.
- Click the option that says “Click here to delete your account” in the new window.
- You need to enter your password again on the new page to verify your identity.
- Click “Continue” to continue.
- It will result in the deletion of your IMVU account successfully, with a message appearing on your screen.
- Additionally, you will also receive an email.
Alternately, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the IMVU Welcome Page in your browser.
- Select the login option and proceed as usual.
- After logging in, you can delete your account by reverting back to your browser. Then, by going to the IMVU Secure Login Page, you can remove your account automatically on your browser.
- Click “Continue” after entering your login information.
- When you click “Submit,” you will be prompted to confirm the deletion. You will get an email sent to your account email address to let you know the confirmation of the deletion.
It is impossible to deactivate or disable a user’s account for IMVU temporarily. Nevertheless, you need to delete your account; however, the link provided in the email will allow you to reactivate your account.
You can also reactivate your account by sending a support ticket to their support team. Once the process is complete, you’ll receive an email to confirm that your IMVU account has been deleted.
Bear in mind that when you confirm the deletion of your IMVU account, you’ll no longer have access to your activity history. In other words, your contacts, interactions, and other data will be permanently removed. However, if you don’t approve your deletion through email, you won’t lose your account.
If you delete your account by mistake or later change your mind, you can restore it. You can use the links in the email you received to confirm the deletion of your account to retrieve your account.