Both are renowned high-end brands in the world of fashion, but what is the difference between Louis Vuitton and Louboutin? Both brands are founded in France and specialize in producing shoes and handbags.
Both Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin are well-known names in the premium fashion world. Both design houses are notable for their exclusive high-end garments and accessories, particularly shoes and handbags. Although their names are similar, these are two distinct luxury brands. Louis Vuitton is famed for its traditional handbags, while Louboutin is known for his red-bottomed heels.
What is Louis Vuitton?
Louis Vuitton is a French design house founded in 1854, specializing in traditional women’s handbags. Although Louis Vuitton produces other women’s fashion items, they are best known for their exquisite handbags and leather goods. Every bag is composed of a single sheet of leather from one end to the other, a signature style. Louis Vuitton operates standalone stores all around the world.
Aside from that, they’ve partnered with upmarket department stores to sell their merchandise. In addition, Louis Vuitton has its own online allowing customers conveniently shop online. Louis Vuitton currently operates 460 outlets in more than 50 countries. In fact, it has earned the title of the world’s most valuable luxury brand from 2006 through 2012.
What is Louboutin?
Louboutin is a fashion house specializing in women’s wear and is best known for its high heel shoes. The company is named after Christian Louboutin who is the famed fashion designer from France. It first opened its doors in 1991. Christian Louboutin is one of the co-founders, along with Henri Seydoux, Faheema Moosa, and Bruno Chamberlain. They are the greatest in making shoes, even though they create other products in tune with women’s fashion.
Stilettos became famous again in the 1990s because of Louboutin. While the company also manufactures lower-heeled shoes, the average heel height is 4.72 inches or more.
Its trademark red-soled high-heel shoes caused an international sensation when released. And in 2011, Louboutin launched its first line of shoes designed specifically with men in mind. The designer’s red-sole men’s range was an instant hit.
Louboutin partnered with beauticians and began making nail polish. Of course, his trademark red color was present in this collection.
In 2015, he gradually moved into lipstick and began giving it to women worldwide. Finally, in 2016, they started manufacturing women’s scent items.
What is the Difference Between Louis Vuitton and Louboutin
Now we know what the Louis Vuitton and Louboutin brands are.
- The most notable distinction between Louis Vuitton and Louboutin is that the former is known for its traditional purses. The latter is the top high heel shoemaker for ladies in the world.
- Louis Vuitton was created in 1854, while Louboutin is a relatively new brand founded in 1991.
- Louis Vuitton is more established with over 100,000 people regarding the organization. In contrast, Louboutin is a modest company with only around 400 employees.
- Louis Vuitton has almost 460 outlets in 50 countries, while Louboutin has 150 locations in 35 countries.
- Louis Vuitton is synonymous with leather handbags, luggage and trunks, sunglasses, jewelry, and shoes. In contrast, Louboutin sells women’s fragrances, shoes, cosmetics, and handbags.
- Louis Vuitton products are pretty expensive. After all, the company is known for its high-end handbags and accessories. The price of a piece from the brand can range from $1000 to $5000. In contrast, it’s undeniable that anything sporting the Christian Louboutin brand is a “must have” item. The brand’s shoes cost between $300 and $1000. You can also get heels for as much as $6,000 on the market. There are various valid explanations for the exorbitant pricing.
- The distribution networks of Louis Vuitton and Louboutin are another significant difference between the two brands. Louis Vuitton offers a worldwide network of online and brick-and-mortar boutiques. On the other hand, Louboutin is a considerably smaller company with restricted distribution.
Louis Vuitton or Louboutin: Which Is Better?
It’s challenging to compare the brands because they sell very different things and target very distinct customers. Yes, both firms cater to wealthy women who purchase high-end clothing. But which brand is “better” depends on what you’re looking for, your budget, and if you pay attention to customer service, corporate policy, and other factors.
Louis Vuitton is the way to go if you’re searching for a good, traditional handbag. Their bags are classic and last a long time. Louboutin is the brand to go to if you want a show-stopping pair of heels.
In terms of company culture, Louis Vuitton appears to have a positive reputation among employees. Employee reviews on Indeed.com give the organization a 4 out of 5-star rating, describing it as a varied company with solid teamwork. Former employees have given Louboutin a 4-star rating. Still, he believes that management can add extra stress to the job while the team is fantastic.
Why are Louboutin’s Bottoms Red?
Louboutin’s shoes have crimson bottoms to represent women’s power and confidence. The shoes symbolize a successful woman’s position, and they should be worn with pride and confidence.
Louboutin decided to color the soles red after noticing an assistant painting her nails with a striking shade of red. He opted to use that hue on his prototype which he had been disappointed with. And it became the signature color of the soles of all his other heels from that point.
Who Owns Louis Vuitton Now?
Although there is no single owner of LVMH, Bernard Arnault is the largest shareholder. He owns a controlling stake in half of the business. A few years ago, Arnault was rated the world’s fourth-richest person. On top of that, he is the wealthiest person in France.
Let’s finish the Louis Vuitton vs. Christian Louboutin debate with LV’s motto, “Real ladies don’t like fake”! Apart from their names being almost identical in pronunciation, almost everything else about them is chalk and cheese.
Irrespective of whether you want to buy a Louis Vuitton bag or a pair of Louboutin heels with lipstick-red soles. Buying from licensed dealers will give you the best value for your money.
You now know that these are two unique brands that offer a variety of high-end, luxurious-looking products. Both are great high-end brands that can provide you that sophisticated look. But each emulates its own distinct style and design aesthetic.