If you are tired of using social media and want to get rid of it, you might ask, “How to delete a Facebook account instantly?” You can suffer mental health problems from social media. And tech companies can gather a great deal of data about you through these apps. Because of this, it may be in your best interests to delete your Facebook account, so we have compiled this guide.
It will be impossible for you to reactivate your account after permanently deleting it. You can no longer access the content you have uploaded to Facebook. However, the information you have sent to friends, such as messages, will not be deleted completely.
What Should You Remember Before Deleting Your Facebook Account?
When you click the “delete” button, you might think that your account is gone forever, but that is not true. Any information you generated, including your profile, photos, and posts, will disappear. However, data about you that you did not generate will remain.
If someone uploads a photo or posts about you to Facebook, it will remain there. Additionally, you won’t be able to use our Messenger service or third-party applications linked to your Facebook account.
Rather than deleting your account, you can deactivate it to continue to use Messenger and other services. Upon permanently deleting your account, you cannot reactivate it. Facebook will no longer allow you to access your uploaded content.
Deactivating vs. Deleting Facebook – Which One Should You Choose?
By deactivating your account, all it does is make your account inactive. Viewing your profile will not be possible, but all of your photos, videos, and other information will still be available.
If you don’t deactivate Messenger individually, you can still use it. Log back into Facebook or use your account to sign in to another service to reactivate your account.
If you permanently delete your account, all the images, videos, posts, and other information associated with your account disappear forever. Messenger will not work for you if you can’t retrieve it or use it.
You can cancel deletion within 30 days of the request, and Facebook estimates it will take 90 days to delete all of your data, during which you won’t have access.
How to Delete a Facebook Account Instantly
If you want to download your account, this guide shows you how to do it in a browser on a computer, not from the Facebook app.
Following the steps below will help you delete Facebook from your life.
- Go to the “Settings” page on Facebook.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” in the top-right corner and then “settings” on the Facebook page.
- The page will open as Your Facebook Information.
- On the left side, click on “your Facebook information.”
- Click “Deactivate and Delete” in the menu that appears.
- Scroll down until you see “deactivation and deletion.”
- Click “delete account” to permanently delete your Facebook account.
- You can delete an account by checking the “delete account” checkbox and clicking “continue to delete.” You can also deactivate an account by checking the “deactivate account” box.
- Download all Facebook data after reviewing of deletion information
- Now is the time to download your data if you haven’t already done so. For example, you can deactivate Facebook Messenger if you prefer to keep it. Click “delete account” if you wish to proceed.
- It will prompt you to confirm.
- Provide your password and click “continue.” There you have it. You can no longer access your account after clicking the final “continue” button.
While social media is a great way for friends and family to keep in touch, companies can also use it to gather personal information. If you don’t have an account, your data is fully protected.
Before you delete your account, ensure to make a backup so you can recover your photos. If you wish to cancel the deletion, you have 30 days. However, it is advisable to save all your data beforehand. You should now know how to delete a Facebook account instantly and permanently after reading this guide.